Thursday, November 17, 2005



Suffering, revenge, and finally salvation, the 3 recurring themes in Park Chan Wook's "Revenge" trilogy comes full circle as the series ends with Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of Oldboy ( as compared to other excellent korean films per se ) and I've yet to see Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, the first in the series ( though reliable sources from my personal Korean film guide and classmate Mr Kim has it that it ranks the highest of the three films on the gore-ometer, which may influence viewing decisions a wee bit ), but nontheless Lady Vengeance proved interesting enough ( even with me half struggling with the Japanese subtitles, you lucky bastards back home. ) Some memorable cameos come and go, rounding up main characters from the 2 former films. Gotta catch this one again.

No comments: