Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An eleventh hour approved 7 day vacation saw me jetting back to Singapore on the otherwise exorbitant SIA, the earliest flight I could book. One week is just too miserably short for chicken rice, barchomee, sambal stingray, kaya toasts squeezed in between 5 movies and dinner with old friends and family, I've hardly had a whiff of home and the next thing I knew I was packing my luggage.

On the flight back home I tried unsuccessfully to catch some shuteye as I had to head back to work in just a few hours after landing; I ended up watching 2 in-flight movies back to back and as my eyes finally felt weary I was greeted by the most amazing sight outside the window; dawn over Japan, high above the clouds in the stratosphere. Beneath us the entire cloudbed was a shimmering sheet of brilliant, fiery orange, yet the stars continue to sparkle brightly above in the ultramarine firmament.

My hitherto fatigue vanished quietly without a trace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well
written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.



Visit my blog - Nike Air Max